Our society is in a constant state of change. Topics such as digitalization, agility and new work are playing an ever-increasing role and are also presenting the world of work with ever new challenges.
In our MBA Human Resources Management program, you will learn in 21 months how to stay on the ball with innovation, flexibility and speed in order to constantly adapt processes within a company for long-term success in a dynamic environment and thus to survive in this environment.
For this reason, in order to be successful in today’s working world, you must fundamentally take a holistic view of problems and challenges in human resources management. In doing so, you will be supported in our MBA Human Resources Management program by academics, HR practitioners and other students who will provide you with up-to-date learning content based on experience from practice and theory.
With the help of our MBA Human Resources Management, you will expand and deepen your competencies in all topics related to human resources management. In doing so, we take into account current trends and scientifically based methods that influence areas such as business management and leadership.
The MBA Human Resources Management at a glance
Format: Berufsbegleitendes Teilzeitstudium
The program is optimally tailored to the special needs of full-time professionals. The 16 attendance phases take place on the campus of the Ludwigshafen University of Applied Sciences. takes place, if necessary (e.g. pandemic) high quality blended learning is guaranteed.
Dauer: 21 Monate
The study program lasts 21 months. You study alongside your (full-time) job.
The attendance phases take place during the first 16 months of the program at the Ludwigshafen University of Applied Sciences. On average, you will have face-to-face classes every 4-6 weeks. The classroom sessions consist of 14 weekends (usually Thurs – Sat) and two block weeks (usually Mon – Sat).
After 16 months, you will write your master’s thesis part-time and defend it in a colloquium at the end of the program. 5 months are allotted for writing the master’s thesis as well as for correction and defense.
The following graphic gives an overview of a typical distribution of the classroom events. We will be happy to inform you about the exact attendance dates.
Zielgruppe: Fach- und Führungskräfte sowie Potenzialträger in HR-Funktionen, Führungskräfte aus anderen Disziplinen
The MBA Human Resources Management (HRM) is suitable for you if, for example:
- Your profession and passion is the HR field
- You are a specialist or manager in an HR position
- you are managing director
- you have leadership experience
- You are one of the committed specialists and managers who take the initiative and help to shape things
- You approach problem solving creatively and are curious about new developments in HR
- In addition to your HR expertise, you would also like to develop or deepen social, entrepreneurial and leadership skills for the challenges in HR
- You have a first degree and at least one year of professional experience in an HR function/management position or a university entrance qualification and at least three years of relevant HR-related professional experience
- you are a soldier and you are about to transfer to the civilian labor market
Inhalte: Business Development & Leadership, HR-Management & Kommunikation, Shaping the HR-Future
The MBA Human Resources Management is a challenging course of study in which students deepen their competencies under the influence of current trends such as digitalization, working world 4.0, demography and scientifically based methods. The program combines theory and practice, science and business, and empiricism and experience.
The unique curriculum features the following three-pillar model:
- Business development & leadership,
- HR Management & Communication
- Shaping the HR Future
The courses can be assigned to 13 different modules. The link below will take you to the details.
Zulassungsvoraussetzungen: Erststudium oder Äquivalent und HR-spezifische Berufserfahrung
You meet the eligibility requirements if you:
- have a first degree, and
- Be able to demonstrate at least one year of professional experience in HR or management functions
The Higher Education Act in Rhineland-Palatinate allows qualified applicants without a first degree to enter directly into the Master’s program. If you do not have a first degree, you must:
- provide evidence of a university entrance qualification (e.g. Abitur, Fachhochschulreife or comparable professional further qualification, e.g. a master craftsman’s examination), and
- Have at least three years of professional experience in HR or a management position, and
- successfully pass an aptitude test (written exam and processing of a case study)
Ort: Hochschule für Wirtschaft und Gesellschaft Ludwigshafen
The classroom sessions take place at the Ludwigshafen University of Applied Sciences.
Akademischer Grad: Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Upon successful completion of the master’s program, you will earn the internationally recognized academic degree of Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Human Resources Management.
The award is presented by the Ludwigshafen State University of Applied Sciences. Your degree gives you access to higher service at public service institutions and fulfills the standard requirement for a subsequent doctorate.
The total tuition fee is 21,500 euros (currently VAT-free)
Early booking conditions! If your application is received by 30.04. of the respective year, the tuition fee is reduced to 19.900,- Euro.
Travel, accommodation and board costs (including week abroad) are not included in this. Tuition and costs are generally tax-deductible.
Sprache: Deutsch und Englisch
As part of the program, certain modules are held in German and others in English. English language skills at B2 level are required.
Studienbeginn: Jährlich im September und im März 2023
The program starts once a year in the winter semester (September) and in March 2023.
Auslandsaufenthalt: Optionale Blockwoche
The MBA Human Resources Management has an international focus and an optional study abroad program in Portugal is offered.
During the week abroad, students experience deep insight through direct interaction with executives in the academic and business environments of leading companies and academic institutions with exclusive company visits. The stay abroad is rounded off by a cultural program that relates historical contexts to current realities.
- Combining the strengths of public and private education
- Part-time master’s degree program in 21 months
- State and internationally recognized MBA
- Lecturers are scientists with affinity to practice or practitioners with affinity to science
- Admission without Bachelor possible under certain conditions
- Crediting of qualified work experience (30 ECTS credits)
- Three-pillar concept (course-specific professional competence, general management competence, social and leadership competence)
- Flexible learning (e-learning platform)
- Small groups
- High individual service orientation and intensive support
- Flexible financing models
You would like to learn more?
Want to learn more about the MBA Human Resources Management or perhaps attend a live lecture?
- Telephone or personal consultationse
- Regular, non-binding info webinars and info events